JOB TITLE: Vice President, Marketing Technology, Research & Analytics
LOCATION: Danville, Pennsylvania
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Communications
WORK SCHEDULE: Days
WORK TYPE: Full Time
The Vice President, Marketing, Technology, Research & Analytics provides executive leadership for the strategy, planning, and management of an integrated marketing technology platform and data management function for the enterprise (health system, health plan and medical school) as well as market research and analytics to support the marketing and communications functions. Sets a vision for how the organization can best leverage digital tools to support market share growth, customer retention and engagement, talent recruitment, medical school enrollment and philanthropy. Provides leadership and oversight for the management and reporting of marketing data and insights.
Leads the management and strategic direction for consumer-facing web and digital platforms, including Geisinger.org (CMS and associated technology tools such as physician directory), mobile applications, MyGeisinger patient portal, social media channels, paid and organic search engine optimization, digital display advertising, email marketing/marketing automation systems, and CRM (customer relationship management) platform. Works closely with the CIO and Geisinger IT leadership on an aligned strategy for consumer-facing digital marketing assets. Provides executive leadership and oversight to manage and evolve all employee-facing digital communications tools, including the intranet (OurGeisinger), Yammer and other tools to support a sophisticated internal communications program. Major duties and responsibilities include:
· Supports a forward-leaning, digital-first, data-driving marketing program. Sets a vision and develops a rolling three-year road map for marketing technology evolution for the enterprise. Identifies opportunities for consumer and employee engagement through AI and other technologies.
· Leads web governance for the enterprise and leads digital marketing function (SEO, SEM, retargeting, display, paid social and email/marketing automation).
· Successfully manages large-scale vendor relationships, working collaboratively with IT, to support marketing technology implementations.
· Leads strategic implementation and management of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and marketing automation platforms. Partner with marketing strategists to support market share growth for customer acquisition campaigns through patient journey mapping, digital content development and digital marketing tactics.
· Provides executive leadership for social media strategies and channel management, including tracking and reporting, for the enterprise. Provides leadership on social media governance.
Reporting & Analytics
· Effectively uses data to inform strategy and is comfortable applying data insights to develop and evolve strategy. Leverage market research, business plans and operational and other market data to develop strategies and plans designed to support business goals.
· Establishes measurement and metrics for function that aligns with business goals and strategic objectives and sets a cadence to share program performance data with the Chief Marketing Officer, senior leadership and key stakeholders.
Collaboration & Thought Leadership
· Works collaboratively with marketing and communications peers and colleagues as well as IT leadership and others to ensure all consumer and employee facing digital tools are aligned with strategy, and adherence to IT and branding policies.
Competencies & Skills:
· Ability and openness to learn
· Change Advocate
· Collaboration and teamwork
· Business acumen, conceptual thinking & creativity
· Customer centricity & results orientation
· Data Literacy & innovation
Education & Experience:
Master’s degree preferred; Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Public Relations, Communications, or Journalism required.
A minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated experience managing large, marketing-led initiatives, preferably with a customer experience component. Prior executive level experience leading innovative and highly successful marketing, sales and customer services business units required. Previous boardroom/shareholder experience with the ability to demonstrate tangible value to all stakeholders desired.
Working Conditions & Physical Demands:
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Independent travel to other sites throughout the health system and surrounding communities required.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 32,000 employees, including 1,800 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.