| Purpose of the role |
The role has management responsibility for the global Corporate & Institutional client business segment ensuring a global yet localised approach to servicing the core regions, whilst continually seeking to innovate and enhance the marketing programmes to differentiate themselves in a highly competitive market.
The role is responsible for liaising with the Relationship Management teams, Product Mgnt, Sales team, and Senior Management as well as the Regional B&M / CA Heads to plan and develop the CIB marketing strategy, and ensure that the strategy is successfully delivered.
The role works directly with the global and regional Sales, RM teams and Product disciplines to ensure and coordinate a consistently high level of B&M support (with a strong focus on insight driven messaging development, brand awareness, thought leadership, S&D, Digital etc) to ensure the RM/Sales teams can successfully present the Bank's products, services and positioning to their target clients. This includes responsibility for global multi-market conferences and events, creation of innovative thought leadership and digital/social media in collaboration with colleagues across B&M and CA at the centre, in region and country.
The Senior Marketing Manager for CIB is responsible for advising on and overseeing marketing budget spend for CIB business segment and working with the regional teams to establish metrics to evaluate ROI against the B&M/business scorecards.
This is an exciting role which would suit an experienced marketing and/or product marketer with managerial experience, who enjoys interacting at all levels of the organisation with a strategic yet hands-on approach.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Work with CIB global business management, Sales, Product and Relationship Management, Global/Regional B&M function, Corporate Affairs function to design, document and track marketing strategy globally.
* Ensure the regional plans roll up to support the overall global business goals for CIB.
* Ensure ROI is measured where possible and ensure metrics and KPI (outlined in scorecards) are integrated into the plans.
* Advise on the budget process, as it relates to the global/regional plan for monitoring and tracking budget spend throughout the year.
* Design global best practices and workflows and ensure they are appropriate locally to ensure a harmonized marketing approach.
* Drive a continuous improvement in the marketing strategy as market conditions evolve.
* Provide the Global Head of CIB B&M reporting against marketing plan achievements, budget spent and improvements required for the following year.
* Work with Compliance to ensure a coordinated approach to approval of all external marketing and sales materials.
Qualifications and Skills
KEY SKILL AREAS, ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE:
Skills & Attributes
* Proven experience in B2B marketing
* Hands-on self starter that works well in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-orientated environment
* Proactive, results-orientated and organised with the ability to succeed in a highly-matrixed organization
* High energy individual with a positive attitude
* Confident to engage with senior stakeholders
* Experience managing budgets and suppliers
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
* The ability to make sound decisions and work in a high paced, high pressure environment
* Passion for working as part of a global team
* Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
Degree educated or equivalent preferably in Marketing, Communications or related field
At least 8 years of relevant work experience
Experience in financial services B2B preferred
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.