Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP
Location: Wheeling, WV Job#199362
Orrick currently has openings for Temporary Marketing & Business Development Coordinators to support the Litigation and Cybersecurity & Data Privacy practice groups and the Finance practice groups. These positions will be located at the Global Operations Center in Wheeling, WV.
The Marketing and Business Development Coordinator’s primary role is to assist assigned practice group lawyers and marketing colleagues with the efficient, effective and integrated execution of marketing activities that support Orrick's firm wide business development goals and strategies.
- Assist on all marketing and business development initiatives for the practice group(s).
- Track and communicate practice group initiative deadlines and status.
- Maintain databases of marketing activity as well as firm experience and awards/accolades.
- Coordinate research, analysis and monitoring of financial, technological and demographic factors to support new market opportunities for leveraging service offerings.
- Maintain an acute level of quality control to ensure all marketing collateral, communications, etc. are consistent and error-free.
- Under direction of supervisor:
- Assist with all aspects of internal and external marketing events.
- Update and keep current practice group collateral material on all available sources, including client, prospect and industry dossiers, the Web site, practice group Portal pages and Proposal Center.
- Assist and support all members of the marketing and business development team.
- Draft internal practice newsletter (Dashboard).
- Maintain and notify various firms systems and communication vehicles (Internal blog, Web-site, Portal and Proposal Center, among others) of developments in the assigned practice group.
- Degree in marketing or communications a plus.
- One to four years of experience in a law firm or other professional services environment preferred.
- Excellent word-processing computer and Internet skills necessary; high proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Accepts accountability and involvement with projects and maintains high level of attention to detail.
- Action-oriented, intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Highly productive, flexible and can handle stress.
- Maintains a "can-do" attitude and take initiative.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects while prioritizing work assignments.
- Excellent writing skills and communications skills, with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Builds rapport well among M&BD team and lawyers and is a good listener.
Orrick is a leading global law firm with a particular focus on serving companies in the technology, energy and financial sectors. We are recognized worldwide for delivering the highest-quality, commercially-oriented legal advice and for our culture of innovation and collaboration.
Our formula for success is simple—we provide the highest quality service to our clients and we hire the brightest and most talented individuals at every level. As an employer of choice we will provide our employees with challenging work, training opportunities, a supportive and team oriented culture, and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the legal profession.
Our Global Operations Center in Wheeling, West Virginia, is home to more than 300 members of our team. Established more than a decade ago, it was the first centralized administrative operation in a major law firm.
Please visit www.orrick.com for more information about the firm.
To submit your resume and cover letter for this position, please visit our Paralegal and Professional Staff listing at www.orrick.com/careers/. Please include your salary expectations in your cover letter. Submissions without salary expectations may not be considered.
No phone calls please.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.