The Ancona School needs a Marketing and Communications Manager in the Office of External Affairs beginning summer, 2017. The Marketing and Communications Manager will leverage Ancona’s brand and recently established curriculum guide to elevate the visibility of the school for enrollment purposes in the school year and auxiliary programs. The Marketing and Communications Manager will create and maintain a resourceful and sustainable enrollment marketing strategy for the school, oversee digital, print, and radio advertising, website content, social media, press relations and internal and external communications. The Marketing and Communications Manager should be able to own the strategic marketing process, work collaboratively with the External Affairs team and provide a measurable framework for reporting. The Marketing and Communications Manager should be a master communicator and presenter across multiple platforms (written, electronic and visual). Works directly with the Director of External Affairs and the Head of School.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Create and execute an integrated and strategic marketing strategy and ensure that Ancona’s brand, brand values and key messages are consistent and clearly communicated across all platforms.
- Develop and oversee annual marketing plan and budget in coordination with admissions and all-school calendar of marketing events.
- Lead marketing initiatives based on relevant market research and emerging marketing strategies, test their effectiveness and report on their results.
- Manage and oversee all creative projects including the creation of print and digital ads, social media campaigns, collateral and buys in accordance with both annual marketing plan and advertiser specifications; maintain the school’s marketing archives.
- Produce static and dynamic content to support Ancona’s brand; videos, blogs, photos, graphics, etc. Also elicit contributions from Ancona staff and community.
- Manage outside creative agencies and vendors associated with marketing campaigns.
- Serve as lead content manager for the school’s website; work in collaboration with the Director of Technology on the design, functionality and ongoing development and maintenance of all aspects of the school’s overall web presence.
- Implement marketing programs that specifically attract new families, donors and partners, and influence the retention of current families, donors and partners.
- Collaborate with the Director of External Affairs and Admissions Manager to ensure cohesive recruitment calendar.
- Develop and manage the master calendar.
- Manage the school’s brand and voice in all communications and print collateral.
- Create content for and manage all social media messaging.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with media; pitch stories, submit queries, etc.
- Oversee, proof, and edit school documents and communication, including communications for the Head of School.
- Produce weekly newsletters
- Advise and manage school style guidelines across all media, for all constituencies.