The International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC), the nation’s premier fire service organization, is seeking an energetic individual to fill a full-time position (40 hours/week, flexible schedule) as the Marketing Coordinator in our Fairfax, VA, headquarters, focused on marketing conferences and events.
This position reports to the Director, Membership & Marketing and is primarily responsible for the development and execution of the association’s marketing activities for IAFC produced and managed conferences and events. This position also supports marketing activities related to corporate relations and IAFC programs.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and tactics that drive attendance for IAFC conferences and events, including the association’s annual conference and expo as well as specialized events throughout the year. Attendance ranges from 10,000 for annual conference and expo to 500-1000 for specialized events.
- Collaborate with program planning committees, marketing manager, conference team staff, graphic designer to plan, develop, produce and distribute a variety of print and digital marketing materials, including but not limited to print and electronic direct mail; flyers and brochures; infographics, videos, webcasts and online articles.
- Work with web manager and graphic designer to create and maintain compelling conference websites, with focus on usability, design, and content. Regularly review and update content on conferences websites as needed.
- Work with digital manager and conference marketing manager to develop and implement tactics that promote IAFC events and engagement across social media channels.
- Assist in managing digital and print marketing and advertising strategies.
- Assist in managing event marketing information on IAFC conference apps.
- Support media partnerships and marketing-related trades/barters. Oversee fulfillment, manage logistics and evaluate effectiveness of those relationships.
- Support marketing fulfillment related to corporate partnership agreements.
- Assist on special projects/programs as assigned by the director of Membership and Marketing.
The IAFC provides excellent benefits and supports work/life balance. The IAFC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides a drug-free workplace. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume, AND salary requirements and/or salary history to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Marketing, or fax to (703) 991-9125. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. The IAFC is an EOE employer.