Stanford University Residential & Dining Enterprises (R&DE) is looking for an experienced Market Research Analyst to join our Communications team. If youre looking for daily variety and an opportunity to challenge yourself and grow as a leader in market data gathering and analysis, this may be the opportunity for you.
This role is a critical part of our effort to support R&DE in audience engagement and business optimization while offering best in the business services to the university community. The incumbent will be called upon to create and administer focus groups, surveys, and other forms of data gathering and perform analysis that will be used in refining business plans, tailoring our communications to enhance engagement of key audiences, and maintaining strong brand identity.
R&DE is an award-winning organization in which every employee represents our values of excellence, teamwork, innovation, diversity and sustainability. Were looking for a talented market analyst who embodies these values and is ready to make a mark by producing data that offers critical insights that informs our actions and supports R&DEs organizational objectives. If youre looking for a challenging opportunity to achieve and grow, read the job description below and follow the instructions to apply.
About Stanford and R&DE
Founded in 1891, Stanford University is among the top academic institutions in the country, excelling in a wide range of fields from the humanities to information technology to the health sciences and medicine. The university is located near Palo Alto, 35 miles south of San Francisco, on an 8,800-acre campus.
Residential & Dining Enterprises, the largest auxiliary organization at Stanford University, supports the academic mission of the university by providing the highest quality services to students and other members of the university community. The Department has an annual operating budget of over $230 million, oversees a 5 million sq. ft. physical plant across the campus, provides housing for over 12,000 students, serves over 18,000 daily meals at 30 dining and retail locations and over 500,000 meals at athletic concessions events, and hosts 20,000 conference guests annually. R&DE comprises 660 FTE staff in the following divisions: the Office of the Senior Associate Vice Provost (SAVP), Student Housing, Stanford Dining, Stanford Hospitality & Auxiliaries, Stanford Conferences, and a team of R&DE strategic business partners: Finance & Administration, Human Resources, Information Technology and Communications.
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Gathers and analyzes quantitative and qualitative data in support of business optimization and audience engagement. Directs the development and implementation of marketing activities for multiple offerings, enabling programs, services, events and/or products to meet organizational objectives. Drives cross-functional collaboration across the organization. Selects, develops and evaluates a team of staff, as well as the management of outside vendors, to ensure effective operation.
- Oversee market research and analysis. Use the results to inform decisions regarding strategic marketing direction, product segmentation and customer targeting.
- Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Implement marketing improvements based on findings.
- Develop and execute marketing strategies and marketing plans/programs to meet departmental and/or organizational objectives.
- Manage the execution of communication and brand strategy for multiple programs incorporating appropriate channels (i.e., web presence, digital and print).
- Foster partnerships with other school, department, product, service, program, event and/or channel managers.
- Responsibility for staff including the recruitment, management, development, and retention of staff.
- Set budget, goals, and objectives in alignment with organizational goals.
- Oversee event management as needed to support marketing objectives.
- Manage vendor relationships.
* - Other duties may also be assigned